Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. If you click through and purchase an item, I may earn a commission. See my terms of service for details.
A landing page is any web page where visitors can “land” on or arrive. For example, someone clicks on a search result and lands on that page. A landing page is also a one-page website that people use for e-commerce/sales, event/webinar registration, and list building.
I’ve been using a free landing page to increase my email subscribers. I offer a list of highly profitable WordPress affiliate programs, and my conversion rate stands at 4.82 percent. I created my landing page through MailerLite, an email marketing service. I don’t have the option to host my page, but I have no desire. In addition to landing pages, I can create pop-ups and embedded forms. I promote my landing page by automating tweets through Hootsuite, a leading social media management SaaS. I like the design of my landing page, but I wanted to see what else is available.
My landing page activities are a low priority, so I’m not willing to invest any money. That may change, but for now, I’m happy to use free services. I looked for free landing page builders and came up with a few. Free services usually invite limited functionality and integrations with other providers, but that should be expected.
Free Landing Page Builders
Carrd lets you build one-page sites for pretty much anything, whether it’s a personal profile, a landing page to capture emails, or something more elaborate. Users can build up to three sites per account and use all Carrd’s core features for free. Carrd’s pro plan includes custom domains, forms, widgets, embeds, no branding, and Google Analytics for $19 annually. Carrd has more than 60 templates.
MailChimp is an email marketing service and marketing automation platform. MailChimp recently launched landing pages to keep up with their competitors. They offer two landing page templates: one is intended to help you grow your list, and the other to help you showcase and sell a product. Landing page templates are customizable, so you can add or remove content blocks, and style them to fit the look and feel of your brand. Reporting tools track visitors, clicks, conversions, and revenue. You can create unlimited pages with a MailChimp account.
Ucraft is an easy-to-use website builder that makes it possible for everyone to create beautiful websites for their brands. Users can build landing pages in minutes and connect them to their existing domains or host them through Ucraft. Nineteen templates are available, but the free plan is limited to one landing page, which features a Ucraft watermark. For more features, users must upgrade.
Wix makes it easy for everyone to create a beautiful, professional web presence. The Wix website builder has everything you need to create a fully personalized, high-quality free website. Wix offers close to 30 landing page templates. Users can create landing pages and use WixShoutOut, an email marketing service to create, share, and send emails.
Premium Landing Page Builders
Carrd, Ucraft, and Wix provide more features and services with their paid plans. The following providers only offer premium plans, and standard features include numerous templates, A/B testing, and advanced analytics.
HubSpot offers marketing, sales, customer service, and CRM software for small to medium-sized businesses. Also, they offer free business and marketing tools, training, and courses.
- Quickly design and launch professional-looking, landing pages without help from designers or IT.
- Choose from our built-in library of mobile-optimized templates that are proven to convert, or build pages from the ground up.
- Display personalized content, CTAs, and forms for each and every visitor to improve the performance of your landing pages.
- Dynamically show different content based on a visitor’s location, source, device, buying stage, or any other contact detail stored in your CRM.
- Get customized keyword suggestions to optimize your page for search.
- Split test every element, including headlines, images, calls-to-action, and more, to see which version drives the most conversions.
- Starting price: $800/monthly
Instapage offers powerful landing page software that provides post-click optimization for all digital and advertising campaigns.
- Add, remove, and customize call-to-action buttons and videos
- Optimize page performance with a full testing suite
- Create and test multiple variations of a landing page to see which version drives the most conversions
- Manage sophisticated campaigns at scale with advanced attribution capabilities
- Track mouse movement, clicks, and scroll depth to gain perspective on what’s working to improve page performance
- Starting price: $99/monthly
Leadpages enables you to create landing pages, launch pages, sales pages, and other conversion pages.
- Drag, drop, click, and type to customize your landing pages and opt-in forms
- Add checkout functionality on any landing page or pop-up for quick upsells and conversions
- Fine-tune your campaigns for maximum impact by testing multiple versions side-by-side
- Easily build ads, place pixels, and reach the right people with their unique Facebook ad builder
- Install the Leadpages WordPress plugin and publish any page on your WordPress site
- Starting price: $25/monthly
Ontraport enables you to create and publish gorgeous, personalized and high-converting landing pages in a matter of minutes.
- Easy to build, fully customizable landing pages with a library of templates to choose
- Build an automated campaign workflow to send emails and SMS messages and assign tasks
- Multi-channel marketing automation for seamless lead and customer journeys
- Powerful membership site management tools that integrate seamlessly with WordPress
- E-commerce tools that make it simple to start selling online and taking payments
- Robust partner/referral program tracking and management for higher traffic and sales
- A built-in, fully customizable CRM system to organize all your data
- Starting price: $79/monthly
Wishpond makes it easy for marketers to create landing pages, contests, lead tracking, newsletters, and more.
- Build landing pages, forms, pop-overs, contests, and more to gather leads
- Use marketing automation to send drip emails based on user behaviors and page interactions
- Customize lead generators with drag-and-drop editors
- A/B test your designs to find the best-performing ones
- Manage all your leads together to identify high potential prospects
- Starting price: $49/monthly
WordPress Landing Page Plugins
If you’re a WordPress user like me and want to use a free landing page plugin, there are several available including Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Page Builder. Thrive Landing Pages is a top rated, premium WordPress plugin. Alternatively, you may want to use a landing page theme.