April 7, 2023
This page contains affiliate links, and we may earn commissions for purchases on other sites.
Ahrefs develops SEO software tools and free educational materials for marketing professionals. Its app collects, processes, and stores large amounts of clickstream data. As a result, Ahrefs maintains one of the world’s largest third-party databases for search queries, estimated monthly search volume, and advanced keyword research metrics.
Ahrefs SEO and website tools include:
- Site Explorer – combines various tools for organic traffic, keyword, backlink, and paid traffic research for any website.
- Keywords Explorer – reveals thousands of keywords for ideas, ranking difficulty, and traffic potential. Keyword data comes from ten different search engines, such as Google, YouTube, Amazon, and Bing. Keyword ideas result in phrase match, similar terms, “also rank for,” suggestions, questions, and new words.
- Site Audit – crawls all the pages it finds on your website, provides an overall SEO health score, visualizes critical data in charts, flags all possible SEO issues, and provides recommendations. In addition, it checks performance, HTML tags, content quality, links, and more.
- Rank Tracker – monitors your Google rankings on desktop and mobile across 170 countries with interactive graphs and dashboards. Also, see your performance in SERP features and against your competitors.
- Content Explorer – finds link-building prospects, low competition topics, partnership opportunities, and more.
Ahrefs doesn’t stop with the tools above. It has 20+ other free and extra tools for SEO, content, WordPress, APIs, and more. Additionally, it provides many free educational resources, including blogs, guides, videos, and an academy. Case in point, this blog about SEO statistics is highly informative.
- Founded by Dmitry Gerasimenko in 2010
- CEO: Dmitry Gerasimenko
- Headquarters: Singapore, Singapore
- Employees: 51-200 (LinkedIn)
- Servers: 2,600
- It discovers 30 million new pages every 24 hours
- It updates metrics for 420 million pages every 24 hours
Plans & Pricing
Ahrefs has four plans with monthly and annual payment options.
Ahrefs Affiliate Program
Ahrefs has an affiliate program. The Impact affiliate network hosts it. Let’s review the benefits, drawbacks, commission rate, cookie duration, and program details. Here’s a snapshot.
- Cost per action (CPA): Cost per sale
- Commission rate: 20%
- Commission type: One-time, nonrecurring
- Cookie duration: 30/400 days
- Payout threshold: $10
- Payment options: PayPal and bank account (get free bank account details for USD, EUR, GBP, and other currencies)
- Affiliate software/network: Impact
The commission rate is satisfactory. Ahrefs pays 20 percent per sale, producing huge earnings on its higher-priced plans. However, many SaaS companies with affiliate programs pay 30 to 50 percent recurring commission rates.
Affiliates get ample time to convert traffic. It offers 30 days for parent actions and 400 days for child actions/upgrades.
Deep linking is likely available, and it’s how an affiliate creates a link to a specific page on the merchant’s site. Instead of using a standard homepage affiliate link, you can link to a product, page, or article related to your content to increase relevance and conversion rates. For example, affiliates should be able to deep-link to Ahrefs’ wide assortment of products, blogs, guides, and resources.
The commission payment threshold is low. Impact issues payments when earnings exceed 10 USD or the local equivalent. Affiliates receive payments to their bank and PayPal accounts.
Impact’s affiliate software is top-notch. It offers excellent and reliable tracking solutions. Moreover, the user interface and activity reports are easy to navigate.
Reviews for Ahrefs are mostly positive. B2B technology review sites like G2, TrustRadius, GetApp, and Capterra showcase favorable feedback. Also, Ahrefs appears to be a credible company with a strong track record of satisfying customers. Therefore, you can have every bit of confidence that you will be promoting a reputable software provider.
The program appears to be by invitation only. My understanding of affiliate marketing is that program success depends on the quantity and quality of affiliates a merchant recruits to promote its goods. Perhaps Ahrefs’ marketing team has a different philosophy and only wants to focus on the quality side of the equation and invite marketers to join.
An affiliate signup page outlines an affiliate program and how it works, but Ahrefs doesn’t have one. That’s a big miss that won’t help grow the program. However, critical details are available on the Impact signup page.
There’s no pay-per-lead commission rate. However, Ahrefs offers a $7 trial. So, a PPL payment of $1 to $7 would make the program more lucrative.
Ahrefs software is expensive. Also, it has no free plan to convert leads and new users. That pricing model reduces conversion rate and earnings potential. Moreover, many of Ahrefs competitors offer free plans and lower fees.
Can you make $1,000 a month as an Ahrefs affiliate? You can make that amount or a significant income if you join the program. Ahrefs pays a decent commission and provides ample time to convert. While it doesn’t offer a free plan, its $7 trial is inviting.
Where should Ahrefs rank in your marketing activities? Ahrefs should be a low to medium priority because the SEO software market is saturated, and many terrific tools are available for free or at a lower cost. On the other hand, serious marketing professionals will have no problem paying premium prices for Ahrefs suite of tools.
Alternatives to Join
Since the Ahrefs program only seems to be by invitation, you can explore these other SEO affiliate programs.
- Semrush pays a commission of $200. Learn more about its affiliate program.
- Mangools pays a recurring commission of 30 percent. Learn more about its affiliate program.
- Serpstat pays a recurring commission of up to 30 percent. Learn more about its affiliate program.
- SE Ranking pays a recurring commission of 30 percent. Learn more about its affiliate program.
- SEO PowerSuite pays a recurring commission of 33 percent. Learn more about its affiliate program.